Saturday, August 11, 2012

6th Bead Soup Blog Party, 2nd Reveal...

Hello all, glad you stopped by to see the 2nd Reveal of the 6th Bead Soup Blog Party...first a reminder of the yummy soup that the lovely Jo-Ann Woolverton sent me.

Now for the fun I had with the collection I got, did you know Owls have been seen as a good & or a bad omen of a bird through out history in many cultures around the world...??? most however love the wisdom of the owl & their patience & insightful-ness is talked about in many a tales...below is a tale of a few yummy owls that ended up on my work bench...

first up is one of the bigger focal owls cradled in a halo of a vintage (really old necklace I got at a estate sale)   brass medalian...then I added a few beads of my own...plus the yummy owl clasp...

close up of the owls...
here I have a simple stretch but oh so very colorful & fun bracelet, the only findings of mine I used in this one was the sterling head pins & the rings to hold them to the bracelet...yummy

 Magnasite in a yummy shade of turquoise added a pop to this pair of earrings... 

last buy not least my favorite piece that I was wearing yesterday, is this one owl focal with some turquoise color ceramic beads & some metal disks that I put on a easy purple leather necklace...with sterling findings... 

Group Hug....!!!!
be sure to stop by my soup partner's blog Jo-Ann Woolverton to see the yummy she made with the soup I sent her...

Now stop by and visit all the participants starting with our Hostess , Lori Anderson, Pretty Things
Adlinah Kamsir, Dream Struck Designs
Adrienn Lukacs, Raszputyin Designs
Agata Grygiel, Cytherea Bijoux 
Alenka Obid, Pepita Handmade 
Amy Dickerson, Damyjo Designs 
Amy Schmidt, Amy's Treasure 
Amy Severino, Amy Beads 
Andra Weber, Andra's Joyful Journey
Andrea Trank, Heaven Lane Creations
Anke Humpert, Anart Island Studios
Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
April Grinaway, Brooklyn Bead Goddess 
Ashley Bunting, Miss Ashely Kate 
Astrid Boyce, Astrid Boyce Beads 
B.R. Kuhlman, Mixed Mayhem Studios 
Barb Fernald, Barbara S. Fernald Jewelry 
Barbe Saint John, Saints and Sinners
Beata Benkone Meggyesi, Beahobbi
Brandy McNair, Bella Vita Handmade Jewelry 
 Bryna Lumb, Bryna's Bead Box
Carmen Lau, Little Maketto
Cate van Alphen, Fulgorine
Cathie Carroll, Cathie Carroll's Studio
Cathy Khoury, Touch Jewelry 
Christina Stofmeel, Feng Beads 
 Collette Collins, Fire Fly Myst Artisan Jewelry
Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul 
Crystal Thain, Here Bead Dragons
Cynthia Abner, Created Treasures
Deana Hager, Just Deez'Art & Life
Debbie Davis, Natural Treasures by Deb
Debbie Phenes, Deb Joy Sing
Dhea Powers, Java Bead
Diana Welte, Lilyweeds
Dita Basu, alankarshilpa
Dorota Zeranska, gdymamczas 
Dot Lewallwn, Speedie Beadie
Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
Emma Todd, A Polymer Penchant
Eva Sherman, Eva Sherman Designs
Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead and Metal Works
Francy Inman, Francy's Studio
Ginger Bishop, lilmummy likes...
Giorgia Rossini, Jo in Wonderland
Ine Vande Cappelle, Jewels by Ine 
Iveth Caruso, Creative Atelier 
JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
Jackie Ryan, Kydo Jewellery
Jeannie Dukic, Jeannie's Blog
Jelveh Jaferian, Jelveh Designs
Jenna Tomalka, Twin Birch Studio
Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Beads
Jennifer Van Horn, Jennifers Jewels and Junk
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Johanna Rhodes-Nash, Fire Phoenix Creations 
 Joyce Blair, Bent Wire West Coast
JuLee Wolfe, The Polymer Penguin
Karen Vincent, Swallow Tail Jewellery
Karin Slaton, Backstory Beads
Kayla Potega, The Eclectic Element 
Kim Dworak, CianciBlue
Krafty Max, Krafty Max Originals
Kris Lanae Binsfeld, Cherish Designs by Kris Lanae
Kristen Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
Kumi Fisher, Malie Kai Designs
Kym Hunter, Kym Hunter Designs
Lennis Carrier, Windbent
Leslie Wayment, AA Beads & More
Linda Murphy, Bonita Bead
Lisa Johnson, Whimsey Wonders
Lisa Lodge, Pine Ridge Treasures
Lisa Sittniewski, Love, Yesterdays
Lois Moon, Que Onda, Q'Town?
Lola Surwillo, Bead Lola Bead
Lorelei Eurto, Lorelei's Blog
Lori Bowring Michaud, Artfully Ornamental
Lori Finney, Using My Beads
Marcia Dunne, The Alternative Foundry
Margareta Saari, Mags-koruja
Maria Horvath, Horimarika Beads
Marian Hertzog, M's Place
 Mary Ellen Parker, BeeTree by m.e.
Mary K McGraw, MK's Creative Musings
MaryLou Holvenstot, time2cre8 
Martha Aleo, Ornamento
 Maybeline Tay, The Jewelry Larder
Megan Collins, Churchy & Her Sailor
Melissa Meman, Art. Life. Love.
Melissa Mesara, One-Eared Pig Beads
Melissa Muir, Kelsi's Closet Jewelbox
Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs
Pam Farren, re-maker
Pam Hurst, Pam Hurst Designs
Patricia Handschuh, The Color of Dreams
Patty Miller, CabariBeads
Penney Klapoth, Faerie Acres
Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
Rhea Freitag, starrgazer creates
Rochelle Brisson, A Creative Chelle
Sabine Dittrich, PerlenDschungel
Sandra McGriff, Creative Chaos
Sandra Neights, Petalo Azul
Sandra Young, It's a Bead Life!
Sara Oehler, SoftFlex Girl
Saturday Sequins, Saturday Sequins
Shanti Johnson, Sunshine Bliss
Shari Replogle, Plays With Paper
Sonya Stille, Dreamin' of Beads
Stefanie Teufel, Stefanies Sammelsurium
Tammie Everly, TTE Designs
Tania Spivey, Moobie Grace Designs
Therese Frank, Therese's Treasures
Tina Holden, Polymer Clay Bytes!
Toltec Jewels, Jewel School Friends 
Tracey Nanstad, A Beadiful Mess
Tracy Choy, BumbleBeads Designs
Valerie Norton, Hot Art

Thanks for stopping by...
have a great weekend, life is good
Jelveh
Peace

55 comments:

bailaora said...

Wonderful owl necklace! Creative! Regards from Poland, Dorota

Jo-Ann said...

Love the halo on the owl! My fav is the bracelet with all the little owls!

m.e. said...

Since I love owls ,I can't help but love all your great designs!
Delicious soup !
m.e. :)

Mags said...

What a lovely bunch of owls you had and you made such awesome pieces!

Unknown said...

Owls, owls and even an owl clasp...WOW! I like the simpler piece you mentioned wearing, but they are all really fun. The paper beads are cool!

Unknown said...

Loving those owls.Love and hugs Tanya

Amy's said...

Very cute :) Love the owls

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Oh - love the owls and I really love that you used each of them in their own piece!

Pretty Things said...

I was DYING to see what you made with those owls! I remember my dad making owl candles when I was five or six -- and I still love owls. You did a wonderful job, and I love your beads, by the way!

Thank you so much for participating -- please come again in Jan/Feb!

Kristen said...

Jelveh, You did a great job! The owls are really neat and I love what you created with them!

CraftyHope said...

What a fun soup you received with the awesome owls!! You really took off with them too and created some lovely pieces. Wonderfully done!

Francy said...

Terrific designs with those cute owls!

Lola said...

What awesome owl treasures! I love all the colors of each of the necklaces but my favorite is the same as yours ... the one on the purple leather cord. Lovely!

Adaptable Kay said...

I'm SO incredibly jealous of your soup!! Oh goodness, I LOVE Owls :) They are my major spirit totem animal, so I have a special connection with them, hence why I'm jealous and I adore your creations!

Plus, my favorite color is purple so it fits ^.^

Everything you made is just gorgeous!!

Happy Hopping :)

Beti Horvath said...

Just wonderful! They are all great. The earrings are a neat combination.

Anonymous said...

I love how whimsical they are! The owls are just too much! So cool!

Ema Kilroy said...

Lovely creations. I love owls and I love what you made using them.

adlinah said...

I'm in love with that first necklace! I like the idea of an 'angelic' owl :-). What a creative, fun piece of jewellery. You did such a fab job with your bead soup - great work!

Shyme said...

Pertty pieces!

EWA gyöngyös világa! / EWA's World of Beads! said...

Are fantastic pieces !Very nice coloures !Congrats!

Regina said...

Love the owls and the group hug. Great pieces, beautiful designs.

The Jewelry Larder said...

I LOVE that you added a halo to your owl pendant. So cute! It looks like a little ninja-trained owl ready to fight the dark forces!

LOVE the other owl pieces too!

Maria Rosa Sharrow said...

I adore owls,so I love all of your designs using the cuties!

Andrea said...

Owls must be in this year. Love what you did with them.

SwallowtailJewellery said...

Great bead soup! Love the owl focals and you did a great job with all your creations. Love the earrings too! :)

Kris Lanae Binsfeld said...

Oh my gosh... so owlicious!!! Love it! Super amazing job!

A Polymer Penchant said...

So much fun! you need to fins a little branch for them to all hang out on like the group shot. I love those paper beads too, very pretty. Great job brining it all together

Lilyweeds at Augusta Kent Studio said...

the earrings are fantastic. beautiful work! ~diana

Unknown said...

OMG Love your soup and your pieces..I have a thing for owls. Your designs are fantastic!

Kim said...

Great job, I love the owls, and your pieces turned out great!

Cheryl at Get Your Bead On said...

You did a beautiful job. I love all the different materials, shapes, and textures you had to work with.

Jean A. Wells said...

Love those owls. You made some really nice pieces. The last simple necklace is my favorite. Great job!

Becky Pancake said...

Wonderful designs. My favorite is the pair of earrings.

Melissa said...

wow what a soup. Love those little owls. The first one looks like it has a halo. You did a wonderful job.

Melissa Muir
http://design.kcjewelbox.com

Courtney Breul said...

I love owls! And you got 3. :) Beautiful, beautiful pieces. I love the texture to your work.

april grinaway said...

I've always admired your work.
It's just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

My friend collects owls and she would go crazy over these. They're really popular right now in all the vintage shops also. So cute!

Giorgia Rossini said...

oh I love all your pieces, owl are so cute!
ciao dall'Italia

min said...

the owls are incredible.. you really made some very chunky pieces..! very interesting textures and colours used.

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Jelveh,
That is one hootingly beautiful group. I love what you did with all the owls in your bead soup.
Therese

BluMoon said...

Wow!! What a wonderful and unusual soup and so inspirational I love owls so could not fail to love your beautiful necklaces and bracelet they are just so unique!
Jackie

BluMoon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
one-eared pig said...

They are all so fun!

Heather said...

My favorite is the simple owl on the leather lace.. LOVE!! Yummy soup!

Krafty Max Originals said...

Oh my goodness, those owls are very cute... you paired them perfectly!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous collection of owls, I love them all! I think the last necklace and the bracelet are my favourites though!

baymoondesign said...

I love owls! I even have one just like you used sitting on my work table. Great job with your pieces.

CreARTelier - Jacqueline Keller said...

wonderful creation! you did a great job with your soup!
greets
jacqueline

Karen Mitchell said...

A parliament of owls :) Love the stretch bracelet and earrings!

Shanti Harvell said...

Beautiful pieces! Luv the Owl on Leather! But luv all the pieces! A way gorgeousssssss selection of Owl LUv!!!!

fireflymyst said...

Love your owl designs!

WLCI Design School said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Great jewelry you made with great beads. I love the owls.
It was nice getting to know you last weekend. I've been practicing.
Inge

HughTfall said...

I like the idea of placing this owl beads in the center of the bracelet, as well as in the necklace. They say that an owl could give us luck. Congratulations in all of your designs!

sriselvalakshmi said...

egg wholesalers namakkal
namakkal egg dealer